5 instant Fix for Fire Stick Netflix Not working | Updated Guide 2018
If you one of those who frequently encounter with Fire Stick Netflix not working issue, then this post is for you. Because we have included every latest fix in this post, that resolute this issue with your Fire TV stick in less than five minutes.
Generally, many users complain that they have tried everything to get rid of this issue but still are unable to resolve this. The reason behind this is they are not doing the required troubleshooting. And trying fixes without knowing the actual cause for why Fire Stick Netflix not working, this is like positioning the draft blindfolded.
That is why many of us were not able to resolve this issue. But not anymore, here are the 5 instant fix for Fire Stick Netflix not working.
1. Clear cache
The very first instant fix for Fire Stick Netflix not working is to clear cache. Clearing cache is also beneficial for other streaming issues with Fire TV stick.
Here are the detailed steps to clear cache data from your Fire TV Stick:
- Open the “Fire TV menu” from your home screen.
- Under the “Fire TV menu”, navigate to “Settings”.
- Inside the “settings” you will have to go to “Applications”.
- Tap on “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Scroll down to locate “Netflix” and tap on it.
- Click on “Force Stop” then scroll down a little and tap on “Clear Cache”.
- Go back to the home screen and tap on the Netflix icon and you’re all set.
Tip- After tapping the “Force stop”, do not click “Clear Data” as if you click on it you will have to use your Amazon credentials when you open the Netflix again.
2. Uninstall and Reinstall the Netflix app.
After clearing the cache, you must uninstall and re-install the Netflix app on your Fire TV gadget. You can take the reference of the below-mentioned steps for the same.
How to uninstall the Netflix app:
- Go to the main menu of your Fire TV.
- Choose “Settings”.
- Under “Settings” tap on “Managed Installed Applications”.
- Choose the “Netflix”.
- Select “Uninstall”.
How to re-install the Netflix app:
- Go to the “Fire TV menu.”
- On the top right side, there will be a search bar. Type “Netflix” and tap to the search icon (magnifying glass”).
- Select the Netflix app from the appeared results.
- Choose “install”. Once the app will install, use your Netflix credentials to log in.
3. Update Netflix app to avoid Fire Stick Netflix not working:
If you are encountering with Fire Stick Netflix not working, then chances are high that your Netflix app is outdated. So you just need to update the Netflix app to resolve this issue.
To update your Netflix app, use these guidelines:
- Go to the App Section from the Fire TV menu.
- Navigate to the Netflix app.
- Once you tap on the app, if there is an update available, you will have the “update option”.
- If there is no update available then it won’t show you the “update” option.
Also, if you are using the Netflix app in Amazon Free Time profiles then you must remove it from them prior to go for an update. If you aren’t aware of how to do this, then go through the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the Fire TV menu.
- Navigate to the “Settings”
- Locate and click on the Parental Controls and Free Time profiles.
- Tap on “Manage Child Profiles” and choose “Add titles to your Child’s Library”.
- Now go to the Netflix icon and tap the “select” button of the Fire TV remote.
Now you can easily update your Netflix app and can get rid of Fire Stick Netflix not working issue.
“Note- If your app is not outdated then you must check your Fire Stick’s software/Firmware.”
4. Update the Firmware
If the software/firmware of your Fire TV stick is not updated than also you will have to face the Fire Stick Netflix not working issue. So it’s better to keep your gadget updated in order to avoid such issues.
Here’s how you can check and update the software version of your Fire TV Stick:
- Go to the Home Screen.
- Tap on “settings”.
- Choose “system” and then tap on “about”.
- Now you will see the present version of your Fire TV stick’s software.
- Choose “Check for System update”. Now if there is an update available, then it will get auto-download.
- Once the download is completed, tap on “install system update”. Or it will auto install whenever you will restart your device or left it unused for 30 minutes.
Still Fire Stick Netflix not working?
If still, you are facing the same issue then you will need to power cycle your device.
5. Power Cycle your Fire TV Stick:
Power cycling the Fire TV stick is a great tactic to resolve Fire Stick Netflix not working issue. And it’s not only beneficial for this error but also for various other Fire TV streaming issues.
Power cycling your Fire TV stick is simply restarting your Fire TV stick. So here are the adequate steps to do so:
- Remove the power cord of the Fire TV stick.
- Leave the device untouched for 5 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back into the Fire TV Stick.
You can also use your Fire TV remote to restart your device:
- In order to restart your Fire TV stick using your Fire TV remote, you will need to press and hold the combination of two buttons – “ Select” and “Play/Pause” for 10 seconds.
- Else, you can follow these steps:
. Navigate to the “Fire TV menu” > “Settings”.
. Under the “Settings”, tap on “Device”.
. Hit the “Restart.
“Tip- if your Fire TV remote is not working then read this article – How to fix Fire TV remote not working.
If even power cycling doesn’t work then you must go for a hard reset of your Fire TV stick.
To Get instant help for netflix not working Fire TV stick and other troubleshooting issues - Call
And get in touch with the live technician on the go!
Reset your Fire TV stick
To reset your Fire TV stick, execute these steps:
- From the “Fire TV menu”, scroll down to and select “Settings”.
- Now scroll towards the right until you get to the “System” menu.
- Here, you will have to scroll down to select “Reset to Factory Defaults”.
- Now if you have opted for any PIN, then you may need to type that PIN and then choose “Reset”.
Tip- if you face any issue with the reset or with the PIN, take reference from this article - Reset Fire Stick in 7 easy steps With or Without remote | Guide.
Also feel free to contact Experts if you have any query related to Fire Stick Netflix not working issue. We are available to assist you 24/7 at Toll-Free (US/Canada) 1-877-773-5395.