Amazon Fire Stick no Power | Fire Stick not working | Troubleshooting
Don’t yell at your fire stick if the Amazon Fire Stick no Power is giving tough time because the problem could be with your TV as well. However, it doesn’t mean that you should ignore the troubleshooting of your Amazon fire stick.
Covering every aspect of fire stick not working, you must read this complete guide and fix your ‘Fire TV is Frozen, Blank, or Won't Power On’ issues. This guide includes:
- Reasons of Fire stick won’t start
- Amazon Fire Stick No signal- Cause and Resolution
- Basic Troubleshooting: Amazon fire tablet won’t turn on
- Amazon fire stick black screen- Quick Fixes
- Amazon fire stick frozen- Solutions
- Fire TV won't turn on- Advanced Troubleshooting
Reasons behind Amazon Fire Stick no Power
When Amazon fire stick wont turn on, don’t simply start with the troubleshooting of your Fire stick. Instead look out for the signs and diagnose all the devices like your TV, connected cables, WiFi, and then yes, of course- fire stick!
Here is the list of causes pointing towards the error fire TV stick not working. So, start analyzing your problem from the first reason and later, fix it using relevant solution.
Issues with HDMI cable or HDMI ports of the TV Set:
Hardware defects in HDMI ports or cables may also lead to ‘Amazon Fire Stick no Power’ trouble.
So, keep a periodic check on them.
Not using High-Speed Cables
If your Fire TV device isn’t responding, your connected cables can be the one culprit. Because, Amazon Fire TV requires ‘high speed, 1.3, or 1.4’ cables to respond properly.
During fire stick software update or long hours use of fire TV device, you may have to face the repercussions of device getting overheat.
Therefore, keep it untouched- if want to recover from a sudden ‘fire TV device turns off’ issue.
Un-adaptable Router settings and Interrupted WI-FI connection:
Due to inconsistent network speed or un-adaptable wifi settings of your fire stick device, you may see that your Fire TV stick quit working.
For error 5505 read Amazon Fire Stick Network Error 5505 –FIX | 2018
Faulty Amazon Fire TV Stick device:
One of the rare reasons of Amazon fire stick not powering up is defected hardware of Fire TV stick. However, even with the least possibility- you must check this device.
Sometimes, fire TV stick may not be connected properly with the power outlet. And, this can happen due to any XYZ reason, one of which is a loose connection between cables.
Troubleshoot Amazon Fire Stick no Power Instantly
Through fireSupportOnline @
Quick Fixes for Amazon Fire TV won't turn on Issue
When all of a sudden- your fire stick won’t turn on at all, we understand how annoying it can turn!!
Therefore, helping you get rid of the error quickly- here are few steps in this regard that you must follow to resolve ‘Amazon Fire stick not recognized by TV’ problem.
Note: These are the expert quick fixes that have resolved many No Power issue with Amazon Fire Stick.
Use Socket instead of the USB port
After trying operations like restart or reset, if you're also done with the HDMI verification, then use a socket rather than a USB port.
Using HDMI extender with Fire TV stick is another ideal solution because it prevents the device from overheating and thus, against Amazon Fire Stick no Power error. However, if you are already using HDMI extender then, try using Fire TV stick without it, as there may be a bad cord.
Alternative Solution: Different Power Adapter/Charger
Try using some other power adapter and USB cord to turn on fire TV device. However, it's important for you to remember that Fire TV stick uses same charger as other Amazon brand devices. That implies, to use different power source rather than a battery charger as Fire TV devices don't run on batteries.
Verify Amazon Fire TV specifications
Most importantly, before you even install Fire TV stick, make sure your device is compatible with Fire TV.
Because, if your TVs port is wonky i.e. there’s a small glitch in the software where it's not registering the connection, then your fire TV stick won't come on.
Thus, for device specifications relating Fire stick, refer to the different type of Fire TV specifications in the table.
Fix Fire TV Remote
If you’ve been trying to turn on your Fire stick using remote but every time you see Amazon fire Stick No power error then, check if the problem is with your Fire TV remote!
For detailed troubleshooting, read the post to fix Fire TV remote not working issue!
Purchase a Splitter
If the TV is old enough that it can’t comply with the HDCP, then also Fire stick doesn’t communicate with TV.
Thus, if you want the fire stick to run on your same old TV, purchase a splitter to connect with the Fire stick as, it acts as a workaround for it.
Connect with different HDMI port
The HDMI port that you’re using to connect your Fire TV device may sometime be the main culprit. So, switch to the corresponding HDMI port (input channel) on your television.
Disconnect HDMI hub
Try disconnecting the HDMI hub, in case you feel your Amazon fire tablet wont turn on. Instead, you can try plugging it directly onto your tablet or TV.
Try switching to a different HDMI port on your television. Remember which HDMI port you used to connect your Fire TV device and switch to the corresponding input channel on your TV.
To Get instant help for Fire TV stick not working
Amazon Fire Stick no Power: Troubleshooting
Most probably, your HDMI ports or HDMI cables are damaged if you are encountering the error- Fire stick not working, Amazon Fire Stick no signal or Amazon fire stick black screen.
But, without ignoring the other facts, let’s get started with the basic troubleshooting of all causes associated with fire TV stick not working.
- Initially, check if the Amazon Fire TV is plugged in or not. In case, you haven’t unplugged it, try to instruct the device using voice control feature. For instance, watch it, turn it on, etc. However, if the Amazon fire stick black screen continues to appear, try one more time by standing a little closer to the device.
- Next, don’t forget to check the batteries inserted in Fire TV remote. Because, if they aren’t inserted properly or changed from a long time, your New Fire TV Stick, Won't Start (if trying with remote). Also, make sure no one covers the remote control sensors as a joke.
- If the fire TV has entered the sleep mode, again you’ll continue to see Amazon Fire Stick no Power To check for this scenario or bring the fire TV device back in active mode, press the remote buttons and give commands to ensure it’s not the real cause.
- In case, the problem still prevails, try the fire TV stick reset steps to troubleshoot the problem. However, if this process seems annoying, still unplug the device and plug it again after 5 minutes and then reboot it.
Note: The solution has worked for more than 78% users.
- Other than this, check for the Fire TV software update and install it immediately. As, ignoring this resolution and device reboot immediate after the software upgrade may cause fire TV stick blank screen error. Still, your Fire TV stick doesn’t turn on? Then, check and verify that white light at device front is turned on. If there’s no light, it implies the power supply of your device has gone out.
- Besides this, ensure all the plugs are not just connected but also tightened up. Other than this, if the power cord is damaged or you smell any crags over the HDMI cable, then also the fire TV device screen is dark.
- In case, the cables are tightened then, check if they are inserted in the correct port or not. (Because when the cord is plugged in the wrong port, your TV may not receive any input and thus, you see a blank screen that may look like your Amazon fire stick has no power.
- For a sudden fire TV stick not working, check the HDMI ports as they may be inoperative. If you suspect this as the major cause of your trouble, unplug the HDMI connector and connect the Amazon stick directly.
- Last but not the least, if the motherboard or remote buttons of your Fire TV stick device are not working, ask for their replacement from the retailer.
Still bothered by Fire TV stick not responding issue
And get in touch with the live technician on the go!
Amazon Fire Stick not working on Old TVs- Here’s The Solution!
- If you own a very old TV that has nearly 3 SCART inputs on the rear of the tuner module and a Phono input under the flap at the front. Then, try connecting your Amazon Fire stick to the scart socket (input 3).
- In case, the device still doesn't turn on, connect the HDMI to Phono Adaptor on Amazon and then, connect it to the Phono sockets on the TV.
Result: Your Fire TV device will start working perfectly.
Note: Your fire stick must be the latest one.
Other than these troubleshooting steps, you may also try some of the critical solutions to resolve the rigid error: Amazon Fire Stick no Power.
Fix the Fire TV Setup Issues
If the fire stick won't power back on, immediately after the installation, then make sure you have installed your Fire TV device correctly.
Read the guide to know & troubleshoot Fire TV stick setup error.
Switch off Unaccustomed Devices
If there are more than 7 connected remotes to your device and they are also active, then turn off them-all to avoid any conflicts.
Verify the remote range
Ensure the Fire TV stick remote range is not more than 10 feet away from the Fire TV device.
Other than this, if your remote is lying in some cabinet or another room, it will affect the remote signal.
Diagnose and Fix Motherboard
In case, none of the above solutions seems to work- check for the device motherboard. Because most of the time, the device motherboard gets inoperative or unsound.
Hence, in that case, it needs to be replaced!
Once, done with the above troubleshooting- quickly perform the below solutions to fix Amazon Fire Stick no Power issue.
Press and Hold Power Button
Hold down the “Power” button for at least 5 seconds to turn on the fire TV stick normally. As, sometimes- simply tapping the button doesn’t turn on the Fire TV.
Charge with AC Adapter
Charge fire stick before use You may plug the Fire TV stick into a power outlet because if trying to utilize the power by connecting the Fire stick with another device like PC, then, it may not be enough to get the device going.
Note: Let the fire stick charge for around 20 minutes before use.
During Power on Action, Hold “Volume Down”
If your fire TV stick won't power ON, you can hold down the “Volume” button along with “Power” for around 5 seconds.
Restore Latest Software
Amazon fire stick stopped working suddenly?
Then, press the “Power” and “Volume Up” button for 45 seconds unless you see ‘Installing the latest software’ message on TV screen.
Next, wait for the installation to complete and later, you may again start watching your Videos!
Still stuck on Amazon Fire stick no Power issue,
Call expert at