Fire Stick Remote not working - Latest Hacks | 2018
Read this complete guide if your Fire Stick remote not working or you are unable to pair the Fire TV remote. This post is about the Amazon Fire Stick Remote instruction to fix the Fire TV remote issues.
Sometimes Fire Stick remote issues lead to worst scenarios such as Fire Stick remote suddenly stopped working when you are watching your favorite sports game or movie.
These issues can ruin your mood and you feel very frustrated. So in order to get rid of these, go through the adequate troubleshooting procedure by the Experts, stated in this Article.
The troubleshooting steps provided in this post are very easy to execute and provides the instant resolution.
Let’s get started.
Troubleshooting Fire stick remote not working:
For troubleshooting the Fire Stick remote not connecting /pairing/syncing or not responding, execute these steps:
Check the batteries:
One of the most common causes for the “Fire TV remote suddenly got disconnected” can be the batteries of the remote. Fire TV remote only tends to be operating with the brand new batteries. Many users have tried the same batteries with other devices, and those devices are working fine. Hence, only fully charged new batteries can satisfy the hunger of this power hungry remote.
Also, it is advisable to only use the authenticated AA batteries with the Fire TV remote. This is because cheap batteries first of all are not compatible with the remote and secondly they tend to be leak a chalk residue on the terminals of the remote. This makes a barrier between the battery and the terminals. And that is how you face issues like Fire Stick remote not working.
For more information on this read this post at https://www.review-hub.co.uk/fire-tv-remote-not-responding-syncing-connecting-solved/
Un-pair and re-pair the remote
Maybe there can be some networking issue with the remote and the Fire TV stick. In this case, you can un-pair and re-pair your remote. This will resolve any connectivity issue with the remote and the Fire Stick.
Don’t know how to un-pair the Fire TV remote?
You can un-pair your Fire TV remote by executing these steps:
1. Find the “Menu” , “Left Directional Key” and the “Back Button” of the Fire TV remote.
2. Press and hold all the above mentioned buttons for 15 seconds.
3. By doing this you can un-pair your Fire TV remote from the Fire TV stick.
4. Also, you can reset your Fire TV stick to factory defaults. This will also un-pair the Fire TV remote.
How to re-pair the Fire TV stick:
To re-pair your Fire TV stick remote to the Fire TV, follow these steps:
1. On the Fire TV menu, tap on “Settings.”
2. Go to the “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices”.
3. Now under the “Amazon Fire TV remotes” select “Add new Remote”.
4. Tap and hold the home button of your Fire TV remote for 10 seconds. This will initiate the pairing mode of the remote. And, the remote will get auto-paired with the Fire TV stick.
Many users claimed that doing this procedure, they were able to resolve the Fire Stick remote not working issue.
Note: You can pair up to 7 Fire Stick remotes and the game controllers with the Fire Stick. For adding the additional remote you can follow the same steps given above.
Power Cycle the device and the Fire TV remote.
Power cycling your Device also helps you to great extent with the Fire TV remote not connecting. The reason behind this is most of the users keep their Fire Stick plugged ON for most of the time. Power cycling the Fire Stick refreshes the device that leads to better connectivity with the remote.
Here’s the standard process to power cycle your Fire TV stick:
1. Plug out the power source from the Fire Stick.
2. Wait for 5-15 seconds.
3. Connect the power source back to the Fire Stick.
4. Now press and hold the “Home” button of the Fire TV remote to pair the remote with the Fire Stick. And, if that doesn’t work, follow the complete pairing process stated in the above point.
Also, execute a power-cycle on your Fire TV remote as well.
Here’s how to do that:
1. Open the battery cover of your Fire Stick Remote.
2. Remove the batteries from the remote.
3. Wait for 30 seconds.
4. Put the batteries back into the remote.
5. Press the home button of the remote for 10 seconds, it will get auto paired with the Fire TV stick.
Examine the hardware/ Motherboard.
Carefully examine your Fire TV stick, maybe there is hardware impairment either with the device or the Amazon Fire Stick Motherboard. This also can lead to the Fire Stick remote connectivity issues.
If the motherboard is faulty, it is better to get on touch with the Experts. Only they can guide you with the adequate tips in this case. Also if the device is under warranty period, you can ask for the replacement from the manufacturer.
And if the device is not under warranty don’t buy the new motherboard, instead buy a refurbished device. This is because; the motherboards are made in China and are too expensive. Hence, contacting the Experts will be a wise decision.
Outdated Software of the Fire TV stick can also be the cause of the “Fire Stick remote not working”. You must update your Fire stick’s software time to time. If the software becomes outdated, you will definitely face issues with your Fire Stick.
You can check and update the software of your Fire TV stick using these steps:
1. Go to the Fire TV menu.
2. Tap the “Device” under the “Settings”.
3. In the “About” section, select the software version.
4. Now here, you will see the current version of your Fire Stick’s software.
5. If there is any update available, it itself will be start downloading.
6. Once the update is downloaded, simply restart your device to install the update.
Use the Fire TV remote app.
If nothing works and Fire Stick Remote not working , then go for the best Fire Stick Remote alternative – Fire TV remote app. This incredible app allows you to manage your Fire TV stick using a virtual remote on your phone. It’s a digital remote that can perform all the functions of the Fire TV remote.
The Fire TV remote app is very beneficial in the scenarios when you accidentally lost your remote and also when the physical remote becomes un-functional.
Here is how you can install and setup the Fire TV remote app:
1. First of all download and Install the Fire TV remote app to any of these devices (as per your convenience) :
Android devices having the 4.0.3 version or above.
All Fire Tablets above than 3rd generation.
iOS devices that have iOS 7.0 or higher version.
In case the advanced settings are enabled on your router, then you have to apply the multicast support in order to use the Fire TV remote app as an alternative of your Fire TV remote.
After the installation, you will have to pair the Fire TV remote app to your Fire TV stick.
How to pair the Fire TV remote app with the Fire TV stick:
1. Ensure that your Fire TV stick must be turned ON prior to executing the pairing process.
2. Now connect your phone to the same Wi-Fi network to which your Fire Stick is connected.
3. Thereafter, open the Fire TV remote app. Wait for the time till it scans your Fire Stick device.
4. If it is failed to discover your Fire Stick, then use your Amazon credentials to sign into your Amazon account. This will generate a code on your TV screen.
5. Type this code in the Fire TV remote app, and you your Fire TV remote app is now paired with the Fire TV stick.
Unable to pair the Fire TV stick remote app?
If you are unable to pair the Fire TV remote app, then ensure these checkpoints and then retry to pair the app:
1. Ensure the device on which you have install the Fire TV remote app must be compatible with the app.
2. Also ensure that you device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to which your Fire Stick is connected.
3. Restart your Fire TV.
If nothing seems to help you, or you have any query related to Fire Stick remote not working issue, feel free to request a call back from the experts.