Fire TV stick Black screen complete Troubleshooting guide | 2018
If your Fire TV stick Black screen most of the time or you have several encounters with Fire TV has its screen frozen while you watch your favourite shows. Then this article is for you!
This complete troubleshooting guide is for those, who are tired of Fire TV stick streaming issues such as Amazon Fire Stick Black screen or Blank screen. In this guide, we have discussed in depth details of the causes and fixes for Amazon Fire stick Blank screen.
What else you will get in this post:
- The basic cause for Fire TV stick Streaming issues.
- How incompatible Internet and incomplete setup can lead to Amazon Fire Stick Blank screen.
- Why Amazon Fire stick stuck on Amazon logo and how to get rid of that.
- How to avoid Fire TV stick streaming issues to get most out of your Fire TV stick device.
Common Causes for Fire TV Stick Black screen:
Prior to the fixes, you must catch the actual cause of the streaming issues with your Fire TV stick. So let us start with the common causes for Amazon Fire Stick Black screen or Blank screen:
By incorrect input we mean accidentally connecting the HDMI input channel of your Fire TV stick to the wrong input port of your TV set. And, this is one of the most common causes for Fire TV stick blank screen.
Issues with HDMI cable:
The second most common cause is hardware impairment of the HDMI cable such as any cuts, scrapes or other damage to the HDMI cable. Loose connections of the cables with the ports can also result in streaming issues.
Cross-examine the HDMI port, TV set, or Fire TV stick. As any hardware impairment with these will originate the streaming issues with Fire TV stick.
Compatibility issue in between your TV set and Fire TV stick can also lead you to the streaming issues. This includes Pixel compatibility i.e. your TV set must be either High Definition or Ultra High Definition to be working with Fire TV stick.
Inadequate Power Supply:
Inadequate power supply occurs when you opt for the usage of unauthenticated power adapter or power cord. And also when you use your TV’s USB port as the power port to connect the power cord.
How incompatible Internet and incomplete setup can originate Amazon Fire Stick Black screen:
Here is how the Internet and set up play the crucial role in the functioning of Fire TV Stick:
- A reliable Internet connection with a speed of at least 3MBPS is required for the proper functioning of Amazon Fire TV stick. And incompatible Internet speed often results in frozen screens and pauses in between streaming.
- Incomplete setup of your Fire TV stick will also result in streaming issues as without the complete setup your device can’t be used to its full potential.
- Also, incomplete setup of your device means your device is not registered successfully with your Amazon account and thus you may encounter Amazon Fire Stick Black or Blank screen.
Reasons for why Amazon Fire stick stuck on Amazon logo:
There can “N” number of reasons for which the Amazon Fire stick stuck on Amazon logo, but here are the most common of them:
- Outdated Firmware of your Fire TV stick.
- Some error while trying to update the firmware of your Fire TV stick.
- Hardware impairment with the Fire Stick or your TV set.
- Usage of modified stock ROM.
- Making use of unauthenticated power supply other than that comes along with the kit.
- Defaulted Motherboard or Defaulted Fire Stick Remote or its batteries.
- Any improper modifications with Host Files.
- The occurrence of Error while executing the booting process of your Fire TV stick.
To Get instant help for Fire TV stick Setup and other troubleshooting issues
And get in touch with the live technician on the go!
How to fix Fire TV stick Black screen:
To get rid of Amazon Fire stick streaming issues such as Amazon Fire Stick Stuck on Amazon logo, you may execute these effective Quick Fixes:
- The very first fix is to ensure that you have used the correct HDMI port of your TV set to connect the HDMI input cable. Also, it is advisable to unplug and reconnect the HDMI cable once.
- In case you observe that your HDMI cable has cuts or scraps, try establishing the connection with the usage of a fresh HDMI cable.
- Ensure to make the entire cable connections finger tight. Loose connections will affect the transmission and thus results in streaming issues.
Examine The Ports
- Examine the ports and the device if there is some hardware fault then either consults the manufacturer or a Technician.
- Your TV set must be HD content friendly, also you may use the Fire TV stick on a different TV set to check.
- If you are using any unauthenticated power adapter then replace it with the original power adapter that comes with the Kit. In case if your original adapter is damaged, you can purchase a new one from here .
How to avoid Amazon Fire Stick Black or Blank screen to get most out of your Fire TV stick device:
Here are the fixes that work well for every Fire Stick streaming issue:
- Monitor your Internet speed. If you are getting an Internet speed that is lower than 3 Mega Bytes Per Second, then it will affect the functioning of fire TV stick. You need to contact your Internet Service Provider in order to resolve the Internet Speed issue.
- Without the complete registration process of the Fire TV stick, you won’t be able to use your device to its probable outcome.
- Ensure that you are choosing the same HDMI input channel on your TV set to which you have connected the HDMI cable on the back side of the TV set.
Restart Your device
- Restart your fire TV stick and unplug and re-plug the HDMI cable after the restart.
- In case you are using the additional devices along with the Fire TV stick via the HDMI cable of your TV set, disconnect them for a while.
- Try out different resolutions as in few scenarios it is noticed that resolution is the cause for Amazon Fire Stick Black or Blank screen.
Note: If nothing seems to be working take the assistance from Amazon Fire Stick Experts at Toll-Free (US/Canada) 1-888-569-5118