The A-Z guide for how to setup Fire TV stick (3rd generation)
Setup Fire TV stick 3rd generation:- also known as Amazon Fire TV box is the third version of the Fire Stick. But, the main reason that makes it distinguish from its predecessors is its ability to stream the ultra HD content. And, this gave it the name Amazon fire tv 4k.
Why choose Fire TV Stick 3rd generation:
If you are confused I whether to choose the Fire TV or the Fire Stick read then this detailed comparison:
4K resolution support:
If you have the TV set that supports support 4K p then the Fire TV is the ideal device for you. The reason is pretty simple- fire stick doesn’t support the 4K content. But it is advisable to make sure that the TV set you have is a 4K supporter.
Having the 4K resolution will not be enough to get the most out of your Fire TV box. And, that is why Amazon included HDR support in the Fire TV. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range that provides soothing viewers experience with the help of vibrant contrast of the colours. But as like the 4K, ensure once that your TV set supports the HDR prior to considering the Fire TV box.
Though the difference is not much here, you must be aware that you get 5.500 channels with the Fire TV which is slightly greater than the channels offered with Fire Stick i.e. 5,400.
Inbuilt HDMI cable:
One of the best things about the Fire TV 3rd generation is it has its inbuilt HDMI cable. Whereas the previous model doesn’t have that.
Well as great things come with the great price but this is not in the case with Fire Stick that costs you just 40$ followed by the Fire TV at just $70.
So now you have made up your mind, and got your new Fire TV? Congratulations!
But wait, what’s next?
Obviously the most important part– Setup Fire TV box.
How to Setup Fire TV Stick 3rd Generation:
- In order to setup your Fire TV stick you must satisfy these mandatory requirements:
- You must have an active Amazon account.
- The Internet speed at your house must be higher than 8MBPS.
- A TV set compatible with the Ultra High Definition content with a functional HDMI port.
- Ethernet adapter, if you wish to connect your Fire Stick using the Ethernet.
- Power outlet near to your TV set.
Now let’s start the Fire Stick setup:
Open your Fire Stick package and follow these setup steps:
- After opening your package, you will find these items inside it:
Fire TV stick, Power Adapter, Power cord, User Manual, Fire TV Stick remote and the Batteries for the remote.
- Once you unbox your Fire Stick kit, make sure every component of the Kit is new and in good Hardware status. If not, contact Amazon.
- The very first step of the fire Stick Setup is to connect the power supply to your Fire Stick. Plug in the included power adapter to the socket and connect it with the Fire TV.
- One of the demerits of Fire TV is there is no Light indicator for the power source. So you have to ensure the connections of the power cord are shall be finger tight.
- And, if you are thinking to use any other third power adapter rather than the included one, drop this idea. As the other adapters are not compatible with Fire TV and thus their usage originates the Fire Stick Setup problems.
- Plug the all-new Fire TV Stick (3rd generation) to the HDMI port of your TV set. Ensure that your TV set is on. Choose the HDMI input channel correspondence to the HDMI port to which you have connected your Fire TV (3rd generation).
Leftover Fire Stick setup process:
As they say, well begun is half done, so let’s complete the left half setup:
- Once you see the official Fire Stick logo on your screen, it’s time to insert the batteries to your Fire Stick remote and pair it with the Fire TV stick. Also, you can download the Fire TV remote app to get the controls of your Fire TV on your phone.
- You can download this app here (https://firesupportonline.com/). Once the app gets downloaded, set up the app by using your Amazon credentials.
- Select your default language and setup other basic settings.
Now pair your Fire TV to your Internet. Select the Wi-Fi network to which you wish to connect the Fire Stick. Be wise in filling up the password to avoid spelling mistakes. Your Fire TV remote’s rewind button will act as the backspace button if needed.
Register your Fire TV to your Amazon account to get full access to your Fire TV content.
Here’s how to do so:
- After you enter your Wi-Fi credentials you will be redirected to the Registration page.
- Here you will have two options- either to register your Fire TV to your currently active Amazon account or create a new account.
- If you have one active Amazon account, go for the first option. And, if you don’t have one creates a new Amazon account using the second option. It won’t take more than 5 minutes.
Note: If you are gifting a Fire Stick to someone then make sure you check the checkbox stating as this is a gift. This is because when you purchase any Amazon product it gets linked to your account. And, when the person for whom you bought the gift tries to configure the fire TV, faces registration errors.
The final step for Fire TV setup 3rd generation:
The final step for Fire TV setup is very simple; all you need is to watch the short welcome video to know the amazing capabilities of your powerful streaming gadget. Some of the coolest features of Fire TV are:
- Splendid Internal Storage:
With Fire TV you will get a marvellous internal storage space of 8GB and not only this, this storage space can be expanded up to 128 GB by using SD external card.
- Advanced Bluetooth Connectivity:
Now connect your Bluetooth game remotes and controllers and other Bluetooth devices to Fire TV using the latest Bluetooth 4.1 version.
- Dolby Digital Audio with 4K video:
Get Dolby Digital Audio output with 2 channel stereo and 7.1 HDMI audio pass. Also, experience the 4K Ultra High Definition video with a UHD compatible TV set.
- Setup Parental controls:
Use the Amazon Free time profile to personalize the access to your content for different profiles. You can manage the limited access to the content for your Children’s profile and that is what known as Parental Controls.
Explore your gadget to know more.
Most Common queries with Fire TV 3rd generation:
Here are some most common queries with Fire TV (3rd generation):
How to register and deregister Amazon fire stick?
Registration of your Fire TV not only connects your Fire Stick 3rd generation to your account but also provide you full access and managing rights for your content. Here is how to execute fire stick registration process.
While the first time Fire Stick setup, you will be prompted to register your device by following the on-screen instructions. Also, you can manually do it by:
Navigate to the Fire TV menu using the Fire TV remote.
Now tap on “My Account”.
A register screen will open, tap on “Register” and type in your Amazon credentials. That’s it.
- How to deregister Amazon firestick:
To de-register your Fire TV(3rd generation) do this:
Open your “Fire TV menu” and tap on “My account” section.
In this section, you will see the name of the device registered to your account. And next to it there will be an option “De-register”.
Tap on “De-register” and your device will get de-registered from your account.
This is extremely helpful when you forgot to check the “it’s a gift” checkbox while purchasing the Fire TV as a gift for someone.
What are best free apps to get the best of your Fire TV:
Here are the best free apps that you must have for your Fire TV:
You might be familiar with this open source media app due to its eminent and free cost. KODI provides you hosts for the plug-in that gradually enhances its astonishing capabilities.
2. Free Flixx HQ:
This app works great with Fire TV and as the name suggests it provides you free access to thousands of shows and movies. You can even save a movie or show offline.
Mobdro app is specially made for sports shows. So if you are a sports lover, you are going to love this app. Apart from the Mobdro’s official site, you can access this app as a plugin for KODI.
It’s the same as KODI and allows you to stream the saved media to various devices around your Wi-Fi range. And, by having the Plex pass (it’s not free) you can even access your content remotely.
5. Fire TV remote app:
This is an extremely helpful app. This allows you to get the remote controls of your Fire TV on your phone. That means you won’t need the physical remote to change the volume or channel.
So that’s it for now. If you have any question for us, contact our experts at Toll-Free (US/Canada)